8/16/10

Grasping at Straws

Hello, my friends!

We've been having a tumultuous time here at LLC for the past few months. Life has been topsy-turvy. People have come and gone. Deployments have ended and started.

In short, we've been leading a typical military life.

Sometimes all this transition leaves me feeling like I should be grasping at straws, hoping to pull the short one so that I can 'win' and get off this crazy ride. Then I take a moment and realize that, while it is enough to make any family crazy, we love it.

In a year, Mr. LLC will be retiring with 22 years in the Navy Seabees. This is a huge accomplishment for him and I'm so very proud. At the same time, we're both having this incredibly smoke-like, sad feeling. It comes and goes with the days, but we've finally pinned it down:

We're sad to be leaving the military.

We are doing our best to pack in every experience we can while we have the opportunity because, Lord willing, our days are few. Maybe that explains the 'grasping' feeling...we are worried that our relevancy is about to change. We won't be as big a part of something anymore. We'll be:

leftovers.

That's enough to make anyone feel a little blue.

I'm hoping that I can turn this into a challenge rather than an anti-climax, though. I am hoping to find new ways to help bond military families from the other side of retirement. Your ideas are precious to me....let's hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing your input and what works for your family. Please remember that this is a family-friendly site, so posts containing mature language or content will be removed.

Let us know how you love like crazy: