9/16/10

Hunting Season

I was blessed to participate in family resiliency training this week through the Army. All Soldiers have started going through this, but it's super useful for family members too.

One of the best take-aways from this particular training session had to do with "hunting the good stuff". It's basically a challenge to find three good events in a day. I was asked to keep a journal with a one-sentence reflection of the following:

- Why the good thing happened
- What this good thing means to you
- What you can do tomorrow to enable more of this good thing
- What ways you or others contribute to this good thing

What a neat challenge! I hope you'll try this out for at least a couple days. I'll post some of my thoughts below (because I'm a sharer) :) Even if you don't want to post, I hope you take this challenge...hunt the good stuff!

1 comment:

  1. 15 SEP 2010
    - My conversation with my mom when I was upset - I would not have had this blessing if I had not reached out to her for help (biggest takeaway? Don't be afraid to ask for help!)
    - My usually brusque/teasing coworker shared his iPod speakers with me this week. It meant a lot because music is such a big part of my life- and so calming! (What I learned? Even though he jokes in mean ways sometimes, I continue to treat him and others nicely...it's paid off!)
    - My husband calmed me down after some medical fears by reminding me that we trusted this process to God - I'm so glad he's strong enough to remind me of these things! (My thoughts? I need to trust God more, and praise Him for my most excellent hubby!)

    16 SEP 2010
    - A con turned into a pro (a doc appointment pushed a month later than I expected) when I pushed my comfort levels and left a message with the department secretary. She was able to move it 2 weeks earlier - that really calmed me down!
    - I felt good all day - probably from wearing a dress and heels! Taking a little time on my looks paid off in my confidence levels.
    - My friendships are growing with two particular gals. I'm so so grateful for female peer support (both are Christian military wives, too! Yes please!) - it's worth all the effort and time I've put into these growing relationships.

    There ya go...just an idea of some good things going on out there. Hope you have some, too!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing your input and what works for your family. Please remember that this is a family-friendly site, so posts containing mature language or content will be removed.

Let us know how you love like crazy: